NHS-approved HealthTech company, VCare Systems, is delighted to announce a new partnership with Well Pharmacy, the UK’s largest independent pharmacy chain. VCare’s medicine management solution has so far helped hundreds of care homes significantly reduce their medicine-related errors. The partnership will enable Well pharmacies, as well as the care homes for which they dispense for, to benefit from connected medicine management system.
Care home residents are prescribed an average of seven medicines a day, with many taking 10 medicines or more daily. Care home residents also spend approximately two million days in hospital each year and account for approximately 250,000 emergency hospital admissions. Some 35%-40% of these admissions* are thought to be avoidable through action such as tackling overmedication.
VCare’s eMAR digitises the medication records of care home residents and communicates real-time information on missed, delayed, refused and administered medicines to the key personnel within a care home organisation.
This partnership will showcase VCare’s eMAR solution, which simplifies the medicine management process and aims to reduce avoidable hospital admissions and medicine errors in a care home.
VCare have spent years building strong foundations to deliver a fully integrated medicine management solution, which enables care homes and pharmacies to communicate more efficiently and effectively with each other.
Key features & benefits of the solution include:
- Mobile-First: as opposed tolaptop-based solutions, VCare’s eMAR functions in all corners of a care home and can be used to record medicine administration at the point-of-care 24 hours a day.
- Offline Functionality: means that medicines can still be recorded in the system even when there is unreliable Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Complete Flexibility: as the solution is optimised to work with both original packaged medicines and blister packs.
- Group Reporting: enables care home group management to visualise medicine adherence of each of their homes on a single screen.
- Care Planning Integration: with VCare’s eMAR enables medicine information from VCare’seMAR to flow directly into the care planning system.
- 24/7 Support: means that VCare’s support team are on hand to help with any issues all day, every day.
Stephanie Walton, Well Care Home Sales Manager, said:
“We are pleased to be partnering with VCare and highlight this fantastic digital solution to more than 350 care homes across the UK that we serve. What sets us apart is we give an outstanding local community service through our pharmacy teams, who have strong and established local healthcare links.
“We hope this partnership will offer choice to our care homes while also helping to simplify the medicine management process and ultimately reduce pressure on the NHS by decreasing avoidable hospital admissions and medicine errors and giving care home staff time back to care for their residents.”
Saurabh Shah, Chief Operating Officer, said:
“When we speak to care homes, the fundamental aspects of our software that we stress is its flexibility and simplicity. We have designed the system to be flexible as we want to be able to integrate Group or care home medicine policies, rather than force them to change their entire processes. We have designed the system to be easy to use so that users do not feel overwhelmed by information overload and cluttered screens.”